Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013, Ryland, Kentucky, U.S.A.

We couldn't have better hosts...we love you, Barb and Brad!
Coming home on a 747

This is our 2nd day back in America and I wanted to write some of my special thoughts about Australia.

The thing that has always impressed me during the 4 times that we have traveled to Australia is that I feel so good about being in Australia because they really like Americans.  Australians care about America; they know tons of stuff about America and they want to talk about America. I feel a real kinship with the Australian people because they want to know as much about us as we want to know about them

Traveling to Australia gives you a whole new perspective about America.  We are comfortable with the way things are done in America but when you spend time in Australia you can see that there is another way to do things…and the other way works…it works for Australia.  I find myself constantly reflecting on the way Australians do things and pressing that up against how it is done in the US.

I like the fact that the people are so genuine and friendly. While in Australia, I walked with Barb every day and there would always be lots of Australians who were walking and they always seem to be smiling  and saying hello…sometimes even ”G-day…How you goin” which is a pretty typical way that Australians say hello.

We are still trying to catch our breath from all the activities we were involved in.  We found that there is an abundance of things to do in Australia whether you want to experience all kinds of outdoor adventures, enjoy a laidback beach culture or just sample some great food and wine.

We are already planning our return trip.  We may not be going for two months but one thing we can always be assured of, we will love Australia no matter what amount of time we get to spend there.

This is my final blog.  I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing.  Mike Hall

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on the blog, Dad! Your pictures and stories made me feel like I was in Australia with you. I love how you embrace new projects and new technologies! I can't wait until you figure out your next blogging topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, Excellent job. Love the blog. Cannot wait until next time. It wouldn't be for two months... Three months would be better. Love you Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, what a terrific job you did with the blog. I relived all of our fun times and adventures from when we traveled to Australia.
    Rocky and I had a great laugh at your "adventure before dementia" comment!!
    We so much enjoyed you and Ann during the time we spent together in Canada.
    Stay in touch and we will look forward to your next big adventure and blog!! Susan

    ReplyDelete