Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 7, 2013, Currumbin Alley, QLD, Australia

"Surfer Dudes"...we are up
Barb, the "Surf Queen"
Mouth open technique

Everything starts early in the land “down under”.  Today I woke up at 5:30 AM and when I looked out the front window, 24 stand-up paddle boarders were coming back down the river on the return trip to their home base.  My daughter Barb and I walk at about 6:30 AM and always we will see “tons” of surf boarders at the beach before work or school.  After work, in the early afternoon, the beaches are crowded once again with surf boarders.  Yesterday, Barb and I joined the afternoon crowd for our 2nd surf board lesson.  My instructor said that if I keep it up, “think how good you will be when you are 75”. At the time, I was sucking for air so hard I wondered if there will be a 75.

3 comments:

  1. I bet you'll be surfing at 85! You guys look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be a 75, 85 and 95....Love ya!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe!! You really are something! Can't tell you how much I am enjoying reading about all your adventures! Keep at it!!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete